This recipe goes well with plain rice.
The ingredients are fit for about two portions.
- 1 Large sweet potato.
- 1 Tomato.
- 1 Spoon peanut butter.
- ½ Cup water (or as needed).
- 2 Spoons coconut oil, ghī or sesame oil.
- 1 Teaspoon grated ginger.
- ¼ Teaspoon cumin powder.
- ½ Teaspoon tumeric powder.
- ½ Teaspoon coriander powder.
- 3 Teaspoons dried grated coconut (optional if coconut oil is used).
- 2 Spoons chopped coriander leaves (optional).
- ¾ Teaspoon salt.
- Blend the tomatoes, the peanut butter and the water until smooth and cut the sweet potato.
- Heat the coconut oil / ghī / sesame oil.
- Add the ginger, bay leaf, cumin, tumeric and coriander and fry them for a few seconds.
- Add the sweet potato and fry it for a few seconds.
- Add the tomato, peanut butter and water blend (and grated coconut) and cook untill the sweet potato and sauce are done and the latter has thickened.
- Put the heat low and add the salt (and coriander leaves) and stirr everything.