This recipe can be served as a side dish. Optionally grated ginger can be fried and added.
The ingredients are fit for about two portions.
- 2 Large rhubarb sticks.
- 1 Spoon ghī or sesame oil (optional).
- 1 Teaspoon grated ginger (optional).
- ½ Teaspoon cinnamon.
- 2 Spoons water (or as needed).
- 1-2 Spoons honey.
- Wash the rhubarb and cut it in pieces of about 1 centimeter.
- Optionally: Heat the ghī or sesame oil, add the ginger and fry it a few moments.
- Add the rhubarb, cinnamon and water and cook everything on a low flame untill the rhubarb is falling apart. Stirr now and then to prevent the rhubarb from sticking to the bottom.
- Remove the rhubarb from the fire, add the honey and stirr everything untill you have a smooth sauce.